George H. Amos, III
George H. Amos, III, known by his friends as "Hank," is fifty-one years old and is a fourth generation Tucsonan. He
graduated from the University of Arizona in 1981 (with a double major in Finance and Real Estate) and is Chairman of the
Board and CEO of Tucson Realty & Trust Co. Incorporated in 1911, over 100 years ago, Tucson Realty & Trust Co. is
Arizona's oldest real estate company specializing in commercial brokerage and property management. He has been
awarded "Graduate" of the Realtors Institute.
Mr. Amos has been involved in all aspects of real estate. He was CEO of Southern Arizona’s leading luxury real estate
firm (annual sales of 500 million) for 14 years in which his firm handled the marketing and sales of some of the top
residential developments in Tucson. He is often asked to provide consulting services and consulted on Cabo’s latest
premier luxury development, Quivera, located on 1,850 acres, including a planned Ritz Carlton Hotel and two Jack
Nicklaus signature golf courses in Mexico. He has also consulted for the Arizona Board of Regents real estate holdings
while serving on the board.
In addition, Mr. Amos currently has the state’s number-one ranked small (24 or fewer brokers) commercial brokerage firm
in Arizona for 2010, according to Arizona Business Magazine, and brokered one of the largest transactions in Tucson’s
history. In his earlier years, he specialized in industrial and land deals and was consistently a top producer.
He also has extensive property management experience. His property management company has also been recognized as
one of the state’s leading firms in which his firm has managed up to 1,200 single-family homes, 2,000 apartment units,
50+ homeowner associations as well as over 1,500,000 square feet of commercial space.
Board Membership: (Past and Present)
- Regent, Arizona Board of Regents (1994-2002) (appointed by the Governor; President 2000)
- Commissioner, City of Tucson Civil Service Commission (appointed by Mayor and Council)
- Junior Achievement
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Tucson (Big Brother - 14 years)
- Board of Trustees for Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital Foundation (President; 1991-1993)
- Business Advisory Council and the Management Review Task Force for the Tucson Unified School District
- Pima County Real Estate Research Council
- University of Arizona Cancer Center (Co-Chairman; 1993 - 1994)
- University of Arizona Cultural Affairs
- Greater Tucson Economic Council (appointed by the Pima County Board of Supervisors)
- Southern Arizona Leadership Council (Founder/Treasurer)
- Young President's Organization (YPO) - Arizona Chapter (Executive Committee 1992-1997 and 2002-2009;
Education Chairman 2007-2008; Chapter Chairman 2008-2009)
- World President’s Organization (WPO)
Member: (Past and Present)
- National Association of Securities Dealers (inactive status)
- National Association of REALTORS
- Tucson Broker Roundtable
- Arizona Association of REALTORS
- Tucson Board of REALTORS
- Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter
- Fiscal Accountability of Reform Effort Committee (FARE)
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB)
- Brainstormers (Emeritus status)
- St. Joseph's Hospital Benefit - Chairman, 1991; Program Chairman, 1989
- Fife Symington for Governor - Finance Co-Chairman (Southern Arizona), 1990, 1994
- Matt Salmon for Governor - Chairman (Southern Arizona), 2002
- John Munger for Governor - State Chairman, 2009
- Man of the Year" - City of Hope - 1995
- "Big Brother of the Year" - 1989
- "Honor Roll" - Tucson Unified School District
- University of Arizona Alumni Association - Centennial Achievement Award
- "Who's Who Among U.S. Executives"
- "Who's Who in the West"
- "Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate"
- "Who's Who in America"